FDA Approved Non-Surgical Thread Face Lifts!
NOVATHREADS are needles that are pre-loaded with a PDO thread. The whole needle is inserted into the interstitial tissue at subdermal level, parallel to the surface of the skin, & then pulled out leaving the PDO thread, no cuts or incisions.
Resorbable & easy to insert. This means no more complications!
Polydioxanone (PDO) is used for biomedical applications, particularly in cardiothoracic surgery because it is fully absorbed by hydrolysis within 4 to 6 months & doesn’t create any scar tissue. The foreign body stimulates collagen synthesis & the skin structure created will hold for another 12 to 15 months.
Meshing & Lifting
A beautiful and healthy face has a “V-shape”. With the ageing of tissues and the action of gravity, this “V-shape” gets lost. The idea behind the Nu-Mesh and the Nu-Lift technique is to either create a scaffolding in order to support the tissues and keep them in the “V-shape” or where necessary to delicately lift the tissues and reposition the skin to recreate the “V-shape” where it’s been lost.
Lunchtime Neck / Jaw Lift!
Although NOVATHREADS can be inserted / injected almost anywhere, one particular area that was missing a Non-Surgical procedure is the area of the Jaw & the Neck. Just as Botulinum Toxin has no rival on the forehead & fillers on mid-face.
Treatment Areas Include:
Jawline, Neck, Jowles, Smoker lines, Lips, Marionette lines, and Nasolabial folds.
There are 4 types of NOVATHREADS (Smooth, Twist, Barb1 & Barb2) & 2 different techniques to insert them:
Nu-Mesh consists of creating a mesh under the skin using the NOVATHREADS Smooth or the Twist, usually 5 threads per area, inserted in 2 or 3 directions, creating a “Net” underneath the skin. The Nu-Mesh technique relies on the action of the needle & the reaction to the foreign body to stimulate new collagen.
The Nu-Mesh technique allows to greatly improve the appearance of at least 3 high-demand areas: Lips, Neck and Cheeks.
The EZ-Lip Fill, EZ-Neck Mesh, EZ-Cheek Mesh with NOVATHREADS are 3 quick, simple and efficient procedures:
- The EZ-Lip Fill technique consists of a very simple lip enhancement procedure using NOVATHREADS Smooth (for a slight enhancement) & NOVATHREADS Twist (for a little more volume). Most of the time no anesthesia will be needed although at times a numbing cream can be used if necessary. With NovaThreads there are no worries about injecting equivalent quantities like you would with a filler, as the result are always symmetric. The procedure itself will last 5 minutes and the results last about 3 months.
- The EZ-Neck Mesh technique consists of placing a net of 5 to 10 NOVATHREADS Smooth for the reduction of submental sagging, chin lines and the correction of the “turkey neck” or 10 to 15 NOVATHREADS Smooth in lower and lateral neck area to smoothen and equalize that area. Currently there is no alternative procedure of that type and it can be done combined with botulinum toxin to relax the platysmal cords & erase the horizontal wrinkles. The duration of the procedure does not exceed 5 to 15 minutes.
- The EZ-Cheek Mesh technique consists of creating a network of threads in the cheek on a more superficial layer & to enhance the results (volume) of deeper dermal filler injections. 5 to 10 NOVATHREADS Smooth should be placed on each side. The procedure also lasts 5 to 10 minutes and is very easy to perform with no need for anesthesia and no post-procedure bruising. It is also useful to create texture when the skin is very thin and not “ready” for the EZ-Cheek Lift.
Nu-Lift uses the barbed threads – NOVATHREADS barb1 (Unidirectional) & barb2 (Bidirectional). Those barbs or cogs provide an extra grip that allows for a real lift of the skin.
The Nu-Lift procedure consists of creating a real “skin repositioning” or tightening depending on the kind of barb Novathreads used and the area of treatment.
NOVATHREADS barb1 (Unidirectional) & barb2 (Bidirectional) are used in the jaw line and the cheek, belly and buttocks in association with the smooth threads following a ratio of 1 to 4 or 5.
- EZ-Jaw Lift: The unidirectional barbed threads (barb1) are creating a lifting effect after taking position within the skin & after the massage following the removal of the needle. This lifting/repositioning effect is always taking place in a upwards fashion, in the direction of the needle entry point.
- EZ-Cheek lift: The bidirectional barbed threads (barb2) are used to reposition/accumulate the skin towards the middle of the area treated or to spread the skin toward the ends on the threads. The removal of the needle creates a temporary tunnel allowing the barbs to move. The shrinking vs. spreading effect is generated by the massage of the skin which instantaneously positions the barb.
- EZ-Neck lift: Specific areas for bidirectional threads (barb2) are the submental zone, where it is used to spread the skin towards the 2 threads’ exit points, and in the cleavage, when wrinkles due to breast augmentation or ageing are present.
The placement of either the unidirectional barbed threads (barb1) or The bidirectional barbed threads (barb2) NOVATHREADS is simple and fast (a few minutes per thread) but does require more skills than for theNOVATHREADS Smooth or NOVATHREADS Twist due to the bigger gauge of the needle used and the deeper layer of insertion of the threads.