AcneWhiteheads, Blackheads, Pimples, Scarring, or Pitting
Acne is a skin condition caused by clogging of pores or sebaceous glands by excess oils, dead cells and bacteria. Acne results in formation of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, cysts or nodules which if left untreated cause acne scars in different shapes and can permanently damage the skin.
EFFECTIVE ACNE TREATMENT
Today, almost all acne cases can be successfully treated. The key to finding an effective acne treatment is a individual approach. Other factors that make acne treatments successful are patience and commitment.
TYPES OF ACNE TREATMENTS
- Acne Facial – unclogs pores, reduces skin irritation and minimizes chances of acne scars but in proper hands could make worse
- Acne Chemical Peels + TCA Cross – kills bacteria, removes whiteheads or blackheads, stimulates new cell growth
- Microdermabrasion – removes damaged superficial skin, provides acne control and improves pigmentation
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) will help rebuild collagen to help restore a natural look.
- Erbium Fractional Resurfacing Lasers – controls acne bacteria, reduces acne and acne scar redness
- Micro-Needling – is a great treatment to prevent acne breakouts and help restore acne scars.
- Radio Frequency – reduce acne and acne scars
- Acne Blue Light Treatment – Helps control active acne bacteria, reduces skin oiliness, shrinks pores
- Proper anti-acne home care is crucial to successful acne treatment. It includes daily use of topical acne creams, lotions and gels,
- which include such acne prevention ingredients as glycolic or salicylic acid, Vitamin A and benzoyl peroxide.
WHO SUFFERS FROM ACNE?
Acne affects people of all ages. Though acne is predominantly seen with teenagers it also affects adults (adult acne). Even less severe acne can cause permanent acne scaring. It is best advised to start early treatment to prevent scaring.
Acne can cause a physical discomfort and a emotional one as well. This can happen at any age. Most patients are embarrassed and usually have low self-esteem and depression as a result of their look. We at PRP & Medi Spa help you through this process and become your emotional rescue.
WHAT CAUSES ACNE?
Acne is caused by hormonal changes which result in skin starting to produce excess oils. Excess oils combined with dead skin cells and acne bacteria cause skin condition called acne vulgaris or acne. Acne can run in a family. If one of your parents had bad acne, you are more likely to have it. Acne is not caused by dirt or eating too much chocolate, however acne can be significantly worsened by wrong skin care regimen and using skin products that clog pores.
WHERE DOES ACNE APPEAR?
Acne is a condition of the skin and it can show up on any part of the body. Body parts that are more prone to acne are the face, chest, and back. The main reason is because they have a higher percentage of sebaceous glands, which than produce sebum.
ACNE SCARS. CAN THEY BE TREATED?
Acne scars are treated by a variety of different methods. Skin resurfacing with laser, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, or injections with soft-tissue fillers can all make noticeable differences in appearance of your acne scars. However, acne management is very important to prevent acne scars in the future.
HOW MANY SESSIONS ARE NEEDED?
This is a very common question that is asked in our office. Since we do not have the same protocol in place for every person, we formulate a combination skin treatment plan for you to meet your goals. We will achieve this by using multiple technologies and discussing with you at time of consultation.
WHAT DO I EXPECT AFTER TREATMENTS?
All PRP & Medi spa treatments are done by Robert Berberian MD in the comfort of our office. We are fast, effective and efficient with NO Downtime, most people will go back to their normal daily routine after most of our procedures. We may ask you to use sun block when long periods of sun are expected. To also keep your skin moisturized as well.
Conveniently located at:
639 Teaneck Rd.
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Credit card required when making an appointment. We will honor all Groupons purchased prior.