Micro-NeedlingBreak Down Old Scar Tissue and Stimulate Skin Cells to Proliferate
What is Medical Micro-Needling?
For skin micro-needling, we use an electric / Battery operated skin needling device made especially for this purpose. The device is a pen shaped studded with 12 very fine needles. It is a medical device used in micro needling to break down old scar tissue and to stimulate skin cells to proliferate. This cell multiplication results in the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers as well as in new capillaries for an improved blood supply.
How does Medical Micro-Needling work?
The device slides along the skin, penetrating the upper layers of the skin to a depth of up to 2mm to create numerous tiny needle wounds. The procedure prompts the body to respond through the creation of new collagen and elastin fibers. In response to the stimulus, the skin plumps and thickens, reducing the appearance of scars, and fine lines and wrinkles.
What effects does the Medical Micro-Needling have on the skin
- Pore size reduction.
- Stimulates tissue regeneration.
- Improves skin texture and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- Disfiguring scars, stretch marks, especially acne scars can be improved as new collagen fibers elevate the depressed scar tissue with the periphery skin.
- Can be done on Face, Neck, and decollate to treat any textural irregularities including: Fine Lines, wrinkles, large pores, acne scars and or uneven-ness.
TYPES OF Micro-Needling for COLLAGEN INDUCTION THERAPY (CIT)
- Micro Needling Rollers- rolling needles into skin – no longer recommended.
- Micro Needling Pens- “sewing machine” like, with many different brands on the market
- Micro Hydra Needle – Self- contained ampules filled with serums to cause CIT by using a “stamp” like technique.
Some of the intradermal Ampules treatment include:
- Hyaluronic acid
- Vitamin complex
- Platelet Rich Plasma
Is there downtime?
How long does the treatment take?
On average, any infusion with the micro-needle takes approximately 30 minutes.
How many treatments do I need to see results?
Depending on the skin issue that we are trying to fix- most. Most Patients need three treatments spaced one month a part. Because the solutions are injected so superficially it can take multiple treatments to achieve the desired result. PRP & Medi Spa can custom tailor the treatment to your specific skin conditions and desired outcome.
What Aftercare do I need?
You will be given skin care products and instructions on how to use them. Your skin will be sensitive to sunlight after the procedure, so you must avoid direct sun exposure until fully healed. At PRP & Medi Spa Dr. Berberian recommends that you always use some type of solar protection (SPF> 30) to avoid sun exposure and premature aging of your skin.
Conveniently located at:
639 Teaneck Rd.
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Credit card required when making an appointment. We will honor all Groupons purchased prior.